Sr. Vice President of Marketing (2019 Atlanta, GA)
Lead marketing strategy, brand building, business operations, product innovation, digital strategy and media planning for a $1.3B luxury brand portfolio to include Beautyrest, Simmons and an emerging bespoke luxury brand.
- Built and began execution of long term portfolio growth strategy introducing an expanded product range from super-luxury to value offers to sustain market leadership and increase penetration.
- Grew Beautyrest revenue +5% in 2019 vs 2018 with new brand positioning, product innovation and media innovation reinventing the brand among Millennials via targeted media and influencers.
- Monetized e-commerce platforms and social media to include SEO, SEM, and UX across brand properties.
- P&L responsibility to grow revenue, profits and manage operating expenses including annual budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Directed brand marketing team and influenced R&D to deliver new product innovation worth $30MM in year-1.
- Led external agencies to deliver integrated plans resulting in +2 pts of purchase intent for Beautyrest and Simmons in all selling channels.
- Created brand architecture, style guides, brand keys to align and elevate brand look, feel, and voice across all communication channels: retail, digital, social, traditional.
Grand Finale Entertainment, Inc.
Founder & CEO (Successfully completed asset sale of the company.)
December 2017 – January 2019, Greenville, SC
Inventor and U.S. Patent holder of “ViViD, The Fireworks Show In A Box” an online e-commerce company where consumers design and buy their own unique 10 minute fireworks show that’s custom made in a box, smartphone controlled, safer, and easier to use. Founder and business leader responsible for creating and implementing the corporation’s vision, mission and business direction. Developed the brand architecture, business strategy, consumer insights generation, consumer purchase journey, tech development roadmap, multi-channel digital marketing plan, social media platform, and complete P&L oversight. Formulated and implemented the strategic plan while overseeing the operation in accordance with the direction established in the financial plan. This included the design of the organization in a manner that facilitated its operations and bottom line financial targets.
- Awarded the Michael Cerbelli “Hot List Award” as one of the top 10 most innovative entertainment companies of 2018 by the internationally recognized Cerbelli Design creative agency and event producer.
- Featured in South Carolina’s premier Upstate Business Journal as a “Company Blazing A Trail In Entrepreneurship”.
- Led a rapid product development process and market deployment, resulting in national consumer demand in just 6 months through widespread grassroots word-of-mouth recommendations.
- Grew revenue growth +166% in the first two years while maintaining profit margins above +55% annually.
- Developed and executed multi-channel digital and social media capability, targeted advertising and CRM resulting in 20% growth in referrals and new customer acquisition in 10 months by utilizing an engagement strategy supported by data via Google analytics, Terminus, Bitly and Buffer.
- Successfully lobbied and secured approvals from U.S. regulatory agencies DOT, CPSC, and the BATF to allow interstate commerce of highly regulated consumer grade explosives across U.S. state lines.
N.A Senior Group Marketing Director
March 2014 – February 2018, Greenville, SC.
Awarded increased leadership and operational management responsibility over the North American marketing operations for Michelin’s most profitable Earthmover business unit. Responsible for leading a cross-functional team in development of all annual strategic business plans, marketing plans and in-market activation to include business intelligence, market research, new product development, strategic pricing, digital media planning, and website UE/UX development.
- Delivered market share growth of +2 points each year in Mining and Infrastructure sectors, achieving difficult market share gains in declining global industries.
- Over delivered two years of operating results by +$32MM and +$39MM in 2015 and 2016 respectively.
- Led a global team of R&D, market research, product and sales personnel to design and re-launch a new worldwide go-to-market strategy for the most important product line of giant earthmover tires for the global mining market.
Senior Director of Consumer Experience Marketing
April 2010 – March 2014, Greenville, SC.
Leadership responsibility over Michelin’s largest cross-functional marketing department in North America to plan, develop, and implement digital consumer experience marketing platforms for the brand portfolio including Michelin, BFGoodrich and Uniroyal. Diagnose the consumer purchase process from pre-purchase to ownership and make improvements to each phase of the journey using digital technologies, resulting in share growth, brand health and consumer loyalty. Built a platform for developing “BIG” consumer ideas and brought them to life in a cohesive experience when and where consumers are most receptive to the brand. Analyzed effectiveness of key touch points, identified return on investment opportunities and implemented corrective actions as needed. Created a hot house for A/B testing and experimenting of new digital content to drive brand growth, especially across the digital ecosystem. Responsible for all advertising, digital media, social, influencer and grassroots activities.
- Led two large marketing departments totaling 37 people with 11 direct reports, including all Digital Marketing Departments and Consumer Care Center; with $120M marketing budget responsibility.
- Delivered four straight years of market share growth of +.2 bps on average each year, achieving the highest market share in Michelin’s North American history at the end of 2013.
- Over delivered two years of operating results by +$50MM and +$62MM in profit, 2011 and 2012 respectively.
- Developed traditional and non-traditional 360 degree campaigns with focus on the digital and social media ecosystem; exceeded critical e-business KPI’s each year including qualified site traffic, top box purchase intent, and 12% increase in purchase conversion.
Senior Brand Manager – Spreads & Dressings
August 2008 – April 2010, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Awarded increased leadership responsibility to manage the strategy, brand portfolio, innovation pipeline and execution for Hellmann’s and Best Foods brands, a $910 million business and one of Unilever’s largest brands in North America.
- Featured success story on the front cover of Brandweek Magazine, Vol. L No. 40, November 9, 2009.
- Awarded first place in Unilever’s Global Marketing Excellence Awards for delivering two straight years of share and profit growth, surpassing competitor Kraft for the first time in the brand’s history.
- Over delivered two years of market share and operating results by +$20MM in 2009 and +$44MM in 2008.
- Increased brand re-appraisal and loyalty by focusing on key benefits and points of differentiation versus competition. Exploited consumer insights to make sound business decisions that secured ongoing growth.
- Managed 3 associate brand managers, 6 agencies, and a 12-person cross-functional group to deliver new product innovation, package design, aggressive pricing initiatives, and managed a $67MM marketing budget.
Senior Brand Manager – Lawry’s© Foods
March 2007 – August 2008, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Managed profit delivery, strategic positioning, and marketing leadership for the $190M Lawry’s Masterbrand while simultaneously leading a divestiture team with Lehman Brothers in the sale of Lawry’s to McCormick Spice Company.
- Developed marketing plans that stabilized the business despite 20% less operating budget versus prior year. Exceeded gross profit by +11% and increased dollar share in a highly competitive category by 2.2 points in 2007.
- Managed two direct reports, cross-functional team, and a national retail merchandising team to deliver all P&L targets for all business segments within the masterbrand.
- Implemented manufacturing and distribution cost savings netting over $1 million savings per year.
- Led complete digital strategy and grew CRM database of loyal consumers by 20% per year.
- Appointed team leader for the divestiture of Lawry’s to work with all cross-functional Directors, Lehman Brothers, Legal, and the FTC to facilitate the successful $604M sale to McCormick.
Senior Shopper Marketing Team Leader
2005 – 2007, Los Angeles, CA
Awarded Growth Champion Award for developing retail marketing plans with top customers and driving market growth, resulting in $48M in incremental revenue in 2006.
Customer Marketing Manager
2002 – 2005, Los Angeles, CA
Awarded Strategy Into Action Excellence Award for outstanding achievement in developing Unilever’s first multi-brand Hispanic marketing platform, resulting in $10M in incremental revenue in the first year.
Flair Communications Agency
Account Supervisor, 2000-2002, Los Angeles, CA
Provided on-site marketing consulting, strategic planning, and executional support for ConAgra’s consumer brands: Swiss Miss, Chef Boyardee, PAM Cooking Spray, Jolly Rancher and Hunts. Developed annual marketing strategies to meet brand business objectives, while overseeing national advertising and promotion budgets.
Sales Director, Regional Trade Marketing Manager 1996 – 2002
Developed national advertising and promotional strategies and tactics to meet brand and customer marketing objectives. Promoted to Regional Trade Marketing Manager to exploit emerging shopper marketing trends with national retail accounts.
Entertainment and Special Events Industry
Creative Director & Event Producer, 1993 – 1995, St. Louis, MO & Chicago, IL
Worked for several industry-leading companies in the entertainment industry producing large multi-media entertainment events around the world with increasing responsibility with corporate and civic clients such as Disney, Olympics, NFL, NBA, Rolling Stones, Six Flags, World Cup Soccer, and Universal Studios to name a few.